Dr Jane Nixon Equine Vet CV
- DOB: 17.07.52
- Nationality: British
- Gender: Female
- Marital Status: Married
- Electoral role: Mrs Jane Hastie
- Professional name: Dr Jane Nixon
- Trading as: The Nixon Equine Veterinary Consultancy
- Website: http://nixonequinevetconsultancy.com
I have a lifetime interest and participation in equine development; as a practising veterinary surgeon specialising in the performance horse; with an extensive range of affiliated professional experience and voluntary service in the equine sector.
- Main Interests the performance horse, particularly in regard to structure and functioning and its pre-purchase examination.
- In 2011 the practice sold and re-branded to Buckingham Equine Veterinary Practice Ltd with Jane Nixon as consultant, and concurrently Nixon Equine Veterinary Consultancy was formed.
- In 2005 formed Nixon Equine Veterinary Practice in partnership with Stewart Hastie, a solely equine practice, principally the sports horse.
- Continued in equine practice as an assistant until 1983 and became a junior partner until 1988 with Stewart Hastie, and then the principal partner of Nixon & Marshall, a solely equine and small animal practice.
- Joined Hastie & Jenkerson in July 1978 and worked in mixed practice for 2 years.
Other Professional & Voluntary Positions held past & present
- Veterinary Surgeon to Towcester Racecourse since 1978, Senior Veterinary Surgeon 2000 to date
- Consultant Veterinary Surgeon to Society Of Master Saddlers 2015 to date
- Member of the Worshipful Company of saddlers Steering Group 2016 to date
- Member of Animal Health Trust Industry Committee representing the British Equestrian Federation & SHBGB 015 to date
- OV (Official Veterinary Surgeon) Equine DEFRA 1982-2016
- FEI Treating Veterinarian 2013 Ongoing
- Consultant Veterinary Surgeon British Equestrian Federation Young Horse Evaluation Scheme & thereafter Futurity Scheme 2001 to date
- Secretary to The Association of Racecourse Vets 2008-2010
- Council member British Equine Veterinary Association 1993-1999
- Member of BEVA working party on Artificial Insemination 1993-1999
- Chairman of BEVA Breeders Liaison Group 1996-1999
- BEVA Council representative to BHS Council 1994-1999
- BEVA Council representative to BHS Welfare Committee 1994-1999
- RCVS Riding Establishments Act Sub Committee 1994-1999, Inspector County Council riding schools 1980 to date
- Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Farriers and active member of their Craft Committee with particular interest in liaison between Veterinary Surgeons and Farriers since 1993
- Equine Veterinary Consultant to GENUS
- Responsibility for biosecurity University of Buckingham laboratory animals and local quarantine kennels 1988-2003
- President North West Bucks Agricultural Association 2009
Extra-Curricular and other Voluntary Activities
- BEF Board Director Equine Development 2012 ongoing
- Director British Breeding 2012 oingoing
- BSPS Judges Enquiry Committee 2013
- Owned, produced and ridden internationally top class working hunters since 1986
- Joint Master of The Grafton Hunt 2001 – 2008, 2008 – 2012
- Council Member Sport Horse Breeding of Great Britain 2009-2012
- Consultant Veterinary Surgeon to Sport Horse Breeding of Great Britain 2009 to date
- Member Sport Horse Breeding of Great Britain Breeders Committee 2011 to date
- Chairman of Sports Horse Breeding of Great Britain Show Committee 2011-2012
- Director Joint Measurement Board 2012 and Sport Horse Breeding of Great Britain representative
- Lecturing to and cooperation with national breed societies and others re production of the performance horse.
- Gained Pony Club ‘A’ Test
- Rode for Cambridge University, Half Blue
- University of Nottingham 1973 BSc – Agricultural Zoology
- University of Cambridge 1978 MA, Vet.M.B, MRCVS
Aims and Objectives: 10 Year Plan
Equine Veterinary Consultancy on going
- The education of those responsible for the welfare of the sports horse and to maximise performance of the sport horse through breeding and management programs
- Continuing examination and treatment of the underperforming sports horse
- Pre-purchase examinations countrywide
- Generally working within and without the profession to maintain the standards of the equine veterinary profession, and so to promote the welfare of the horse in all aspects: so continuing the work of my husband, P Stewart Hastie, MRCVS, Hon Fellow Society of Master Saddlers and BHS order of Merit [welfare], Hon vet RDA first 4 years and liaison thereafter.
Extra-Curricular Activities on going
- The continuing improvement of the British sport horse in all disciplines and the co-incidental enhanced well-being derived from riding and carriage driving at all levels.
- Increased involvement between British Equestrian Federation in particular and Sport Horse Breeding of Great Britain to further more detailed research and development of producing objectively recognised good foundation stock.